Monday, March 28, 2011

Eternal Hunger... (written 03.25.11)

I'll just stay hungry forever
I'll never be satisfied
I can ignore the pain I feel
Just as well as the lie

I couldn't scream
With my throat so tight
I felt it closing
All through the night
But when looked up
And saw the sight
My eyes swelled up
And I couldn't fight
All I wanted
Was something light
Just a little something
To make it alright
But instead I was left
With something so slight
I tried and tried
With all my might
To hold on to it all
Oh so tight
But it wasn't enough
It just wasn't right
And my mind and body
Couldn't handle the flight
Something was wrong
And it'll never be right
So I promised myself
I wouldn't take another bite
Until the day
I've become like a kite
Fly high in the sky
And be ever so light
I'll float away
And it will all be right
As I dance away
In the warm sunlight.

I'll just stay hungry forever
I'll never be satisfied
No dessert will ever fulfill
The hunger I feel inside

No comments:

Post a Comment